POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "grass_map" (~178kau) : Re: "grass_map" (~178kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "grass_map" (~178kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 1 Jan 2001 22:34:32
Message: <3a514c48@news.povray.org>
> As someone who has spent a good part of his life wandering around
mountains,

Lucky you... I dream of living somewhere were I can have the pleasure of
doing so...

> I think your next step should be to add some outcrops and half buried
rocks,
> using trace and eval pigment combined.

Care to point out some areas (in this image) that you think would have this
sort of outcroppings?

> I've been watching the growth of this pic for
> some time and I feel it's
> really getting somewhere now.

Wonderful! I hope I can finish it some day. I really has been a long, and
interesting process. First, I started with the mountains, then I added some
water, and clouds. Then I added the bridges, and we went on and on about how
the scale was wrong (I'm still not sure to this day). Then I added some
grass, a waterfall, and a castle (to give the bridges a purpose). Then I
removed the castle, waterfall and clouds while I perfected them*. Now I've
had the pleasure of adding better clouds, and improving on the grass part (I
really feel there is little I can do, other than better texturing, to
improve on how the grass works now). I picture the final having more
realistic texturing (especially of the mountain), a nice castle on the
mountain there, and a few trees (one at least, in the foreground), and maybe
even a couple Poser figures too (an eagle or two wouldn't hurt... ooh, and
some horses). :)

*Chris Huff, if you're reading this, please continue your work on your
particle_system thing. I would like to use one to make the waterfall.